I was only 7 when it happened…
I remember I was in the kitchen doing the dishes when some song came on the radio. Don’t ask me which tune it was because I don’t remember. But what I DO remember was the feeling that song gave me. I immediately stopped what I was doing, quickly ran into the living room and just stared at the stereo. My sister called me back to finish the dishes, but I couldn’t move. I was transfixed, mesmerized. I literally couldn’t take my eyes off the stereo. I was so moved by emotion that all I remember thinking was “I want to make people feel like that!”
And so my story begins…
A FEW THINGS I’VE DONE
Award Winning Flamenco Guitarist Eric Harper creates not only a unique sound all his own but his music is melodically entrancing, virtuosically ferocious and harmonically soul-stirring to the core. Among other achievements Eric has also co-scored Kevin Spacey’s movie entitled “Inseparable”, worked closely with amazing people such as The Office’s Rainn Wilson and has just over 80 TV show credits to his name to date.
- Co-Composed the music for the latest movie starring Kevin Spacey entitled “Inseparable”. Directed by Dayyan Eng.
- Composed music for the multi-award winning film “Waiting Alone” by Dayyan Eng.
- Composed the music for a short PSA starring Rainn Wilson about the persecution of the Baha’is in Iran.
- Composed music for the award winning short film “Missing Pieces” by Samah Tokmachi starring Rainn Wilson.
- Co-composer for short “Smooch My Smackers” directed by Samah Tokmachi.
- Composed for Adidas.
- Composed, recorded and performed for Chinese Superstar Lin Cheng.
- Composed music for over 430 TV shows including “How I Met Your Mother”, “Top Gear”, “Kitchen Nightmare”, “American Idol”,“The Ultimate Fighter”, “My Fair Wedding”, “Ghost Hunters” and several others.
- Performed with artists such as “Andy Grammer”, “Cheng Lin”, “Leonor Dely”, “Sweet Thing”, “Current Swell”, “USS”, “Ry Moran”, “Monin Sons” and many others.
- Performed extensively throughout the US, Canada, Portugal, Spain, China, Switzerland, Mexico, France and Israel.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Berklee College of Music with a Degree in Film Scoring in only 2 and a half years.
- Graduated with a Diploma in Classical Music from the Professional School of Music of Porto, Portugal.
- Studied at the Conservatory of Music Calouste Gulbenkien in Braga, Portugal.
- Studied with legendary guitarist Craig Alden Dell who studied under the tutelage of Christopher Parkening and Maestro Andre Segovia.
- Winner of the Yamaha Young Performing Artists Award.
- Winner of the Guitar Mania Contest.
- Finalist in the Morton Gould Competition.
- Honorable Mention in the John Lennon Songwriting Competition.